13-15 Marlborough Street, Boston
This tree-lined first block of Marlborough Street is perhaps one of the most prestigious neighborhoods in Boston. Charles Kirby, the architect of the original Boston Public Library, built the residences at 13 & 15 Marlborough Street in 1864.
Completed in the French-inspired Brick Academic style, the distinctive five-story residences were faced with sandstone and topped with a slate-covered mansard roof.
In early 1912, prominent banker and broker Louis Bacon purchased the property with the goal to “make the dwelling one of the most attractive residences in this part of the Back Bay.”
In keeping with the tradition of Victorian elegance first established by Mr. Kirby, Stonegate Group renovated these historic buildings in 2004 creating six single-floor residences with all the modern conveniences of today’s luxury living.
Private foyers, elevator access, garage parking, gas appliances and cherry woodwork are just a few of the amenities that complement the traditional Bostonian style.